This website is controlled, operated and administered by E Ink Holdings Inc. (“E Ink”) with the exception that the website of www.linfiny.co.jp is controlled, operated and administered by Linfiny Japan Inc. All inquiries may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or No. 3, LiHsin 1st Rd., Hsinchu Science Park, Hsinchu 300, Taiwan R.O.C.
The trademarks, logos, service marks, brand identities, title, characters, trade names, graphics, designs, copyrights and other properties (collectively the "Trademarks") displayed on E Ink Websites are protected intellectual property that include registered and unregistered trademarks of E Ink, its Affiliated Entities and others. Nothing contained on E Ink Websites should be construed as granting, by implication, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on this Website without the written permission of E Ink, its Affiliated Entities, or such third party that may own the Trademark displayed on E Ink Websites. Your misuse of the Trademarks displayed on E Ink Websites, or any other E Ink Content, except as provided herein, is strictly prohibited.
E Ink is committed to complying with U.S. copyright law and to responding to claims of copyright infringement. E Ink will promptly process and investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c) ("DMCA").
- By Mail: No. 3, LiHsin 1st Rd., Hsinchu Science Park, Hsinchu 300, Taiwan R.O.C.
- By Email: email@example.com
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of the infringing activity, and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, as well as information reasonably sufficient to permit E Ink to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit E Ink to contact the copyright owner, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
For more details on the information required for valid notification, see 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(3).
You should be aware that, under the DCMA, claimants who make misrepresentations concerning copyright infringement may be liable for damages incurred as a result of the removal or blocking of the material, court costs, and attorney’s fees.
- You are solely responsible for your communications within Official Forums and Official Social Media Accounts, the consequence(s) of posting these communications, and your reliance on any communications in these areas. If you feel threatened or believe someone else is in danger, contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
- E Ink and its subsidiaries do not represent that the User Content posted or otherwise provided on Official Forums or Official Social Media Accounts is accurate, complete, reliable, useful, timely, or current. You read all User Content at your own risk. Do not rely on the information or advice in any User Content.
- Anything that is or may be (a) threatening, harassing, degrading, hateful or intimidating; (b) defamatory; (c) fraudulent or tortious; (d) obscene, indecent, pornographic or otherwise objectionable; or (e) protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or other proprietary right without the express prior consent of the owner of such right.
- Any material that would give rise to criminal or civil liability; that contains or promotes violence, drug use, illegal gambling or other criminal activity; that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offense; or that encourages or provides instructional information about illegal activities or activities such as "hacking," "cracking," or "phreaking."
- Any virus, worm, Trojan Horse, Easter egg, time bomb, spyware, or other computer code, file, or program that is harmful or invasive or may or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software or equipment.
- Any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional material, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letter," "pyramid scheme" or investment opportunity, or any other form of solicitation.
- Any material, non-public information about a company without the proper authorization to do so.
Additionally, you acknowledge and agree that you (and not E Ink) are responsible for obtaining and maintaining all telecommunications, broadband, and computer hardware, equipment, and services needed to access and use E Ink Websites, and paying all charges related thereto.
You acknowledge and agree that we reserve the right (but have no obligation) to do one or all of the following, at our sole discretion:
- operate E Ink Websites, Official Social Media Accounts, and Official Forums;
- protect E Ink, the Affiliated Entities, and their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and representatives, and users and visitors on E Ink Websites;
- comply with legal obligations or governmental requests;
- comply with legal obligations or governmental requests;
E Ink and its subsidiaries assume no liability or responsibility to users of E Ink Websites, Official Social Media Accounts, Official Forums, or any other person or entity for performance or nonperformance of the aforementioned activities.
We may include features on E Ink Websites, Official Forums, and Official Social Media Accounts that allow you to share your information, comments, reviews, ideas, concepts, drawings, recipes, and other texts, photos, pictures and other images, films, movies, music and other audio files, software, applications or games (together referred to as “User Content”) with us, our subsidiaries, and other users of E Ink Websites, Official Forums, and Official Social Media Accounts. Please note that, by sharing User Content, your User Content may become publicly accessible and will not be subject to any confidentiality restrictions. You grant to E Ink and its Affiliated Entities a worldwide, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right and license, without compensation to you:
The foregoing licenses shall survive any termination of your use of E Ink Websites, Official Forums, and Official Social Media Accounts. For all of the User Content you choose to share, you represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary for you to grant these licenses, and that such User Content, and your provision or creation thereof through E Ink Websites, Official Forums, and Official Social Media Accounts complies with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations and does not infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party, and is furthermore free from viruses and other malware. You further, to the extent permissible by law, irrevocably waive any "moral rights" or other rights with respect to attribution of authorship or integrity of materials regarding each item of User Content that you submit.
Please note that we do not solicit or encourage submissions of User Content containing ideas or suggestions relating to E Ink Websites, Official Forums, and Official Social Media Accounts, our business or our Affiliated Entities’ businesses. If you send us any ideas or suggestions, regardless of the topic, we and our Affiliated Entities will have no obligations with respect to such ideas or suggestions (including without limitation, confidentiality) and may use them for any purpose whatsoever. You understand and acknowledge that E Ink has both internal resources and other external resources which may have developed, or may in the future develop, ideas identical to or similar to any ideas or suggestions or comments to suggestions you may submit. Any idea or suggestion you submit to us shall be subject to the foregoing User Content policy and terms.
You may be permitted to or asked to submit information to E Ink Websites, Official Forums, and Official Social Media Accounts. You expressly represent and warrant: (a) that you have the authority to provide E Ink with all such information; (b) that all such information may be used by E Ink; (c) that all such information shall be true, accurate, and complete; and (d) that you will maintain and update such information as needed, such that the information remains true, accurate and complete. You agree that if any information you provide is false, inaccurate, obsolete or incomplete, we may terminate your access to or use of E Ink Websites, Official E Ink Forums, and Official Social Media Accounts.
To the extent that you choose to register for an account on any E Ink Website, you will have a password-protected account with us upon completing the registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and, except where E Ink or a third party have violated their statutory or other obligations, you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your account and password. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security. E Ink and its subsidiaries cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this provision.
Without prejudice to E Ink’s statutory obligations to keep your personal data secure, you are responsible for ensuring that no unauthorized person shall have access to your password(s) or account(s). It is your responsibility to (1) control the dissemination and use of your passwords; (2) authorize, monitor, and control (a) access to, and (b) use of your E Ink account(s) and password(s) and (3) promptly inform E Ink if you wish to deactivate your password(s). E Ink cannot and does not assume any responsibility or liability for any information you submit to E Ink Websites, or for your use or misuse of information transmitted or received using E Ink Websites.
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES, SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS AND RESOURCES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION, DATA, ADVERTISING, PRODUCTS, OR OTHER MATERIALS ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH SUCH WEBSITES AND RESOURCES, IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND IS SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE APPLICABLE TO SUCH SITES AND RESOURCES.
E Ink makes no warranties, representations or claims with respect to any of the information or content on, or available via, E Ink Websites, Official Forums, or Official Social Media Accounts, and accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage that may result from accessing or relying on any such information or content. E Ink disclaims to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law any and all liability with respect to acts or omissions made by users of E Ink Websites, Official Forums or Official Social Media Accounts based on the information or content thereof. Further, E Ink assumes no responsibility for computer viruses resulting from use of E Ink Websites, Official Forums or Official Social Media Accounts.
IN NO EVENT SHALL E INK OR ANY E INK SUBSIDIARIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF E INK WEBSITES OR ANY MATERIALS OR INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN OR FEATURES THEREOF. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, E INK’S AND ITS SUSIDIARIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE SAME SHALL BE LIMITED TO US$100.00.
E Ink Websites, Official Forums, and Official Social Media Accounts are controlled, operated and administered by E Ink, its subsidiaries, or its licensees from their offices in Taiwan or the United States of America. However, you acknowledge and agree that E Ink shall be subject only to the laws and jurisdiction of the United States of America. Notwithstanding E Ink’s use of Chinese-based social media sites and foreign websites, E Ink and its subsidiaries do not represent or warrant that E Ink Websites, Official Forums, and Official Social Media Accounts or any part thereof are appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction other than the United States. Those who choose to access E Ink Websites, Official Forums, and Official Social Media Accounts do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local statutes, orders, regulations, rules, and other laws. You are also subject to United States export controls and are responsible for any violations of such controls, including without limitation any United States embargoes or other federal rules and regulations restricting exports. E Ink may limit the availability of E Ink Websites, Official Forums, and Official Social Media Accounts, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion.
The Site is not directed at, and is not intended for minors and children under the age of 16 or otherwise defined by applicable law.
Please read the information below to learn more about our data collection policies and practices.
The following are the types of information we process:
- In the course of using the Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain information, including identifying information (such as your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, or zip code and company name), unique identifiers (such as your user ID and password), demographic information, products you may be interested in or similar information you may disclose to us from time-to-time.
- We receive and store certain types of data whenever you visit the Site. For example, we collect clickstream data, your IP address and information about your device.
- We keep track of what emails we send you and what emails you may be receiving from us and our subsidiaries and affiliates. Additionally, we keep a record of what types of emails you have opted to and not to receive.
- Transaction data is collected when you purchase a product or service from us and includes order form information, the goods or services that you order, general contact and shipping information as well as bank account details and other payment information necessary to carry out online/offline credit card transactions or payments using third-party payment systems.
We collect information about or related to you from various sources:
- You may be asked first to complete a registration form and provide personal data; you may also be asked to choose a user ID and password in order to take advantage of certain features the Site may choose to offer, including, but not limited to, newsletters, contests, forums, or other subscription-based services. Participation in registration is voluntary and you will have the opportunity to decide whether or not to disclose information to the Site.
- We may offer free newsletters to share information with you about the Site, about us and our affiliates and subsidiaries, or about our business partners and advertisers and sponsors. You may receive a newsletter either by registering for a particular newsletter or in conjunction with a special feature or membership for which you have registered on the Site. You may cancel your free email subscription by following the instructions provided on the Site or, in some instances, in the designated area of certain newsletters or emails.
- We may operate contests and sweepstakes through the Site which may require registration. Your personal data will be used to contact you for winner notification, prize delivery confirmation or other related purposes. We will ask your permission to allow us to post publicly some of your information on the Site and let you know if refusing this permission will disqualify you from entering into the contest or sweepstake.
- From time-to-time, we may request personal data from you via surveys or voting polls. Participation is voluntary and you will have the opportunity to decide whether or not to disclose information. At times, you may have to register to vote or to take part in a survey.
- If you order any information from our Site, buy any of our products or subscribe for any of the services offered on our Site, we ask you to complete an order form that will request certain information from you, including general contact and shipping information. We use this information to complete the transaction that you have requested, i.e., to deliver the information, products or other services that you order. This information is collected and stored through encrypted means for your protection.
- The general or other contact forms available on our Site ask for information about you.
- We may receive information about you that you post or otherwise make directly available on independent social media sites and networks, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Weibo, and LinkedIn, where E Ink may have an official E Ink presence.
- We may receive information about you from our service providers, namely software and marketing service providers that help us manage our email communication with you.
- We may receive information about you from our marketing partners that help us manage our email communication with you.
We process your personal data on the various legal bases of i) your consent or explicit consent, as the case may be, ii) fulfilling a contract with you, iii) meeting our legal or statutory obligations, iv) legitimate interests as outlined below, v) in order to protect the vital interests of you or other individuals, or vi) for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim.
E Ink processes your personal data for the following purposes, namely:
- Shipping the good to you or providing the service.
- Establishing and verifying the identity and eligibility of users.
- Providing company updates, and support.
- Opening, maintaining, administering, managing, and servicing user profiles, accounts, and memberships.
- Processing and responding to inquiries.
- Operating and communicating with you about or through our official E Ink forums, and official social media accounts.
- Managing or modifying any content that you choose to post or otherwise provide to us, whether through the Site, official E Ink forums, and official social media accounts, or other official E Ink means of interacting with us.
- Ensuring that the Site is operating properly.
- Analyzing our products and services.
- Performing market research.
- Performing data analytics.
- Improving our products (related to electrophoretic displays and associated technology) and our Site (including developing new products and services) based on aggregate data.
- As part of a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, transfer, sale, corporate change, or any other transaction involving all or a portion of E Ink’s assets.
- Conducting special events, sweepstakes, surveys, programs, contests.
- Announcing/promoting the prizes that we award.
- Providing other offers (and communicating with you about this) of our products or services (related to electrophoretic displays and associated technology and our Site), our affiliates’ or business partners’ products and services.
- Personalizing the content of our offers to your preferences and interests.
- Addressing any warranty and guarantee questions and claims.
- Tracking any quality and service issues.
- Defending and protecting our interests or those of our affiliates and subsidiaries or business partners or other individuals such as our employees in case of a dispute or legal claim.
- Ensuring network and information security.
- Providing technical support for the Site.
- Maintaining the security and integrity of the Site and our systems.
- Detecting and preventing security and other incidents related to this Site.
- Maintaining internal records about relevant incidents and other security related information.
- Conforming to legal requirements and industry standards, complying with legal process, detecting and preventing fraud and misuse, defending our legal rights, and protecting others.
- We employ other businesses, certain services and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include webhosting, fulfilling orders, sending e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, Site analysis, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, and providing customer service. These entities have access to personal data needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for their own or other purposes.
- We may share your information (including, without limitation, personal data) with our subsidiaries and affiliates. If you do not want us to share your information with our subsidiaries and affiliates, you may tell us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your request (please write "Affiliates" in the subject line of your email).
- In the event that all or substantially all of our assets are sold or transferred to another party, or another transaction occurs in which your personal data is one of the business assets transferred, all personal data that has been collected and saved may be one of the business assets we transfer in accordance with applicable laws.
- In the event we are required to respond to subpoenas, court orders or other legal process or to defend our property, rights or the safety of our employees or others, your personal data may be disclosed pursuant to such subpoena, court order or legal process, including to other parties of the proceedings, adverse parties, external counsel, tribunals and courts, which may be without notice to you.
- We may share on social media or otherwise publicly announce prize winners.
Our operations, including our operating subsidiaries and affiliates as described above, are located in countries such as China, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan and the U.S. It is important to note that some of the third parties with whom we share personal data are located countries which have not been officially recognized by the EU as providing an adequate level of data protection and which may not provide the same protection as your country of residence.
If the recipients of personal data are not located in a country which has been officially recognized as adequate under EU data protection law, we rely on safeguards to protect your personal data such as the EU Standard Contractual Clauses, Binding Corporate Rules, approved Codes of Conduct and Certifications or in exceptional circumstances on permissible statutory derogations.
If you reside in the State of California, various California privacy laws afford you particular rights. Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, the “Shine the Light” law, users of our website that are California residents may request certain information regarding the types of information shared by us with other companies for those companies’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, you can make a request for the information described above by emailing email@example.com or by mail sent to the address below.
- The California Consumer Protection Act (“CCPA”), provides Consumers (defined below) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This subsection describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights. This subsection only applies to solely to all visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California (“Consumers”). This subsection does not apply to E Ink employees whose information is collected by E Ink for employment purposes.
Consumers have the following rights under the CCPA:
- You may request that we correct inaccurate personal information maintained by us. You may request that we erase (delete) your personal information, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm a verifiable request we will, as applicable correct the erroneous personal information or delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records unless we must keep the data in order to: complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you; detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities; debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality; exercise free speech, ensure the right of another to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law; comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. Seq.); engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent; enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with Consumer expectations based on their relationship with us; comply with a legal obligation; or make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provide it.
- Additionally, we do not intend to market to any individual under the age of 18, and we expressly prohibit anyone under the age of 16 from disclosing or submitting any personal information to us throughout the Site or other means. Therefore, we do not sell any information of any individual under the age of 18.
- We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services;
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties;
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
These rights do not apply to E Ink employee or employment candidate information that is collected in the course of the employment or application for employment.
If you reside in the European Union (EU), EU data protection law, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), affords you particular rights. Under the conditions and subject to the exceptions set by EU data protection law, you may exercise the following rights:
- You have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not your personal data are being processed, relevant information about such processing as provided by applicable EU data protection law, and a copy of the personal data undergoing processing.
- You have the right to obtain from us the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you and to have incomplete personal data completed.
- You have the right to obtain from us the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you and to have incomplete personal data completed. You can also object at any time to the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes. (Please note that even if you object to our use of personal data for direct marketing purposes, we will still send you transactional messages in relation to goods or services that you have purchased from us. These include responses to your questions and information about a good or service you have purchased from us.)
- You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to the controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from the controller.
- You may request to restrict processing of your personal data.
- You may request to erase (delete) your personal data.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular the EU Member State of your residence, place of employment, or the location where the issues that is the subject of the complaint occurred.
- You are free to refuse to give consent and you can withdraw (with effect for the future) your previously provided consent to the processing at any time without any adverse consequences. The lawfulness of any processing of your personal data that occurred prior to the withdrawal of your consent will not be affected.
No.3 Lixing 1st Rd.
Hsinchu Science Park
No.3 Lixing 1st Rd.
Hsinchu Science Park
No.3 Lixing 1st Rd. Hsinchu Science Park Hsinchu 300 Taiwan
- means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or any other body which alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data; where the purposes and means of processing are determined by the relevant regulations and laws of that jurisdiction;
- ” is an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to his physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity;
- means any information relating to a data subject;
- means any operation or set of operations performed upon personal data, whether or not by automatic means, such as collection, recording, organization, storage, adaptation, or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination, or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, blocking, erasure, or destruction;
- shall mean a natural or legal person, public authority, agency, or any other body which processes personal data on behalf of the data controller.